Customer service formWe make every effort to give the best service possible to everyone who attends our practice.

However, we are aware that things can go wrong resulting in a patient feeling that they have a genuine cause for complaint. If this is so, we would wish for the matter to be settled as quickly, and as amicably, as possible.

To pursue a complaint please contact the practice manager who will deal with your concerns appropriately. Further written information is available regarding the complaints procedure from reception.

If something has gone well with your care at the surgery please let us know that too.

Tips on making a complaint

Tips on making a complaint

NHS complaints Information

If you are not happy with the care or treatment you've received from an NHS service, you have the right to make a complaint.

To make a complaint you need to contact either:

  • The NHS service that provided your care (e.g. GP practice, dentist or hospital)


  • The commissioners of the service that provided your care. This will be either your local Clinical Commissioning Group or NHS England.

If you remain dissatisfied after you receive a full response, you can refer your complaint to the Parliamentary Health Service Ombudsman (PHSO). The PHSO is independent from the NHS and can undertake a review of the way in which your complaint has been managed.

If you need any support to make a complaint, or at any point during the complaints process, you can get free, confidential and independent advice from our local NHS complaints advocacy service.

For more information on the complaints procedure and your nearest NHS complaints advocacy service please visit or contact your local authority.

Hightown Surgery complaint form

Complaint Form

Access to your medical records

A health record is any record of information relating to someone's physical or mental health that has been made by (or on behalf of) a health professional. This could be anything from the notes made by a GP in your local surgery to results of an MRI scan or X-rays. Health records are extremely personal and sensitive. They can be held electronically or as paper files and are kept by a range of different health professionals both in the NHS and the private sector. How can I access my records

This is known as a subject access request.

You do not have to give a reason for applying for access to your health records. To save the NHS time and resources, it would be helpful if you would inform us - if you do not need access to your entire health record - of the periods and parts of your health records that you require, along with details which you may feel have relevance (e.g. consultant name, location, diagnosis etc.) You should also be aware that in certain circumstances your right to see some details in your health records may be limited in your own interest or for other reasons (e.g. to protect the privacy of third parties).

Please note:

  • You can sign up for patient online services to your GP electronic record.
  • You can then look at your medical record whenever you want.

If you do wish to make a subject access request then:

  • You can do this in writing (letter, email)
  • You can make such a request verbally to a member of staff or a doctor or nurse that you are consulting with at the surgery

Please let us know exactly what information you would like.

We will strive to provide the information within 28 calendar days.

There is usually no fee for this.

Your information matters to the NHS - Easy Read

Large print - Your information matters to the NHS

ICO Advice on how to look after your personal data

Click on the link below for a sign language video - Your Data Matters

Click on the link below to find information in other languages.

Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website