We are closing the practice list to new registrations from 22nd October 2021.
Oxfordshire Clinical Commissioning Group have approved this application.
We took this decision as we have reached our physical capacity in the current building, and we have been unable to recruit enough GPs for our increasing list.
We will continue to accept registrations from people who meet the following criteria:-
- New babies born or adopted to registered patients.
- Young people who were previously registered who are returning from university.
Our Patient Services team will ask patients requesting registration where they are currently registered. Priority will be given to patients who do not already have a GP in Banbury.
Patients wishing to transfer between local Banbury GP practices* will be discouraged as this creates additional work at a time when practices are under significant pressure. This approach is supported by Oxfordshire Clinical Commissioning Group.
We will register patients as normal if currently registered outside Banbury area.
[*Banbury Cross Health Centre, Hightown Surgery, Windrush and Woodlands Surgeries]
Frequently Asked Questions
click here for further information
New Patient Registration August 2020
We will accept registrations from people who meet the following criteria:-
* If you have recently moved into the area and have not registered with another Banbury practice.
* New babies born or adopted to registered patients.
* Young people who were previously registered who are returning from university.
* Existing patients who move within the 'outer boundary' (see map below)
* We will not be accepting registrations from patients already registered at another Banbury practice.
If you meet the criteria and wish to register please collect a registration pack from Reception
Please note as above only new patients to the area can register.
Adult Registration Forms
Under 16's Registration Forms
Registration Forms for Babies
Accessing healthcare when you live on a boat - North Oxfordshire
Newly registered patients and repeat prescriptions
Once registered with Hightown Surgery if you take regular medication you need to book a GP appointment before we can start to issue any repeat prescriptions.
Guide to GP Services
The Royal College of General Practitioners has produced a useful guide for patients about the services on offer at GP Surgeries and how to access them. You can download the guide below.
A Patient Guide to GP Services