Eligible patients will shortly be sent a letter or a text inviting them to book an appointment for their free yearly flu vaccination. Once you receive your invite, please call the surgery between 10am-12.30pm or 2pm-4pm on 01295 270722 to book into your age group clinic. Different clinics will run on different dates so please use the reference on your letter/text to ensure you book into the correct clinic. Any inappropriate bookings will be cancelled and you will be turned away on the day.
When telephoning the practice to make your appointment please tell us the code in your letter/text to ensure you get booked into the correct clinic.
The flu vaccination is the best protection for you and those around you which is why it is offered for free for those most at risk.
Vaccinations started in September and continue over the winter months, with appointments available throughout the season (so there is still plenty of time to book). Priority is given to those who are most at risk of flu.GP practices and pharmacies receive phased deliveries of the vaccine and flu clinics are scheduled to coincide with these deliveries. By staggering appointments over the winter months, we can help protect as many people as possible from flu.
Please note that if you are aged between 50 and 64 and are not in a clinical at risk group, the earliest you will be offered a flu vaccination is November. This is to ensure that those who are most at risk are vaccinated first. Thank you in advance for your patience, understanding and cooperation. Why am I being asked to wait to have my flu vaccine?
If you are aged 50 to 64 and are in a clinical at risk group which is eligible for the flu vaccination, for example you have a health condition which puts you at risk from the flu, you will be invited earlier.
If you are a household member or a carer of a shielded patient, you are eligible for the flu vaccination but will be invited at a later date
For parents / carers of two and three year olds, you should receive an invitation for your child to have the vaccination before the winter. If you have not heard by early November, contact the practice directly to make an appointment.
For primary school-aged children and those in Year 7 at secondary school, a vaccination session will be held at school during the autumn term. Your local healthcare team will contact you via the school.
As you are probably aware, this year will be very challenging for delivering the flu vaccine programme. When you attend for your vaccination please follow these instructions:
• Attend on your own unless you need help in mobilising.
• Walk to the practice if you are able to. There will be limited parking at the surgery.
• On arrival please check in with a queue marshal.
• Do not arrive early or late for your appointment time: we have allocated a strict number of patients per period to ensure that people are queueing for the minimum amount of time and social distancing is maintained.
• Please wear a face covering. If you are exempt from wearing a face covering, please be prepared to provide evidence of this.
• We encourage you not to touch anything in the practice. Hand sanitiser will be available.
• Please follow the instructions for queuing. The queue will be controlled to ensure social distancing. If you are in a wheelchair or have very limited mobility, please make yourself know to the queue marshal.
• If it is raining on the day, please come prepared as the queue will be outside for a short period of time.
• There will be no chairs available to sit while waiting and you will not be able to sit whilst having the vaccination (for infection control). If you think you will struggle with this, please speak to the queue marshal on arrival.
• The toilets will not be in use during the clinics.
• Wear clothing which makes it easy to expose your upper arm. The vaccinations will be given in the doorways of the rooms to comply with infection control.
• Do not attend if you or any members of your household have symptoms of coronavirus, or if you have been told to isolate. Contact us the following week and we will rebook you when you are able to leave isolation.
• Please heed the instructions of the staff who are supervising the patient flow – they are there for your safety.