WORKING DIFFERENTLY TO MATCH OUR PATIENTS' NEEDS
The way we serve our patients has changed greatly as an outcome of the Covid-19 emergency and this means we can now provide ongoing service improvements.
We’ve a new balance set up between phone, online services and patients’ needs to visit a GP surgery - many more things can now be done remotely.
For full information please click on the link below.
Working differently - further information
Telephone calls to the practice
Please help us manage our call volume
- If your call is urgent to speak to a clinician today please call before 11am
- 5.30 pm onwards is now our urgent service. If your call is not urgent for the day please call back between 10 am - 12.30pm or 1.30pm - 5.30pm on the next working day.
- Test results will only be given out between 11.30am to 12.30pm and 3pm to 5.30 pm. You may wish to use the NHS App or apply for online services to view your test results.
- Try using our Call Back Queue Buster service. We use a virtual queue system. When in the call queue if you choose this option you will be told you can hang up but will retain your place in the call queue. We will call you back when you are at the front of the queue.
VISITING YOUR GP SURGERY - update July 2021
In line with current Government guidance patients are required to continue to wear a face covering in all health care settings.
BMA Visiting your GP July 2021
On Tuesday 13th July, Public Health England (PHE) clarified that its Infection Prevention & Control (IPC) guidance1 remains unchanged after 19th July, including:
- “The use of facemasks/ coverings by all outpatients (if tolerated) and visitors when entering a hospital, GP/dental surgery or other care settings”
- “Physical distancing of 2 metres remains in place as standard practice in all health and care settings, unless providing clinical or personal care and wearing appropriate PPE”
- “Where possible and clinically appropriate remote consultations rather than face-to-face should be offered to patients/individuals”
For further information please click here July 2021
If you are struggling to travel to an appointment you can call
0300 3030 126
to arrange for a volunteer driver to help you get to your appointment. All drivers have undergone enhanced DBS checks and all wear PPE. Cost is 45p per mile from the drivers home.
(Site updated 20/09/2021)