Hightown Surgery, Banbury, Oxon
GP required from January 2020
We are a growing, friendly, innovative and supportive training practice (11,500 patients) in the market town of Banbury, which has excellent transport links to the rest of the country and is surrounded by a variety of villages.
We are looking for a salaried GP for 4-8 sessions with the potential for partnership, if desired. We will be flexible for the right candidate and strongly encourage you to come and meet us.
We are pleased to offer:
- Regular mentorship for newly qualified GPs with local ‘First5’ group who meet informally.
- Clinicians meet daily at lunchtime with 2 weekly formal PHCT meetings.
- Specialist interests actively encouraged and supported.
- 2 GP trainers (Banbury VTS, Oxford Deanery).
- Fantastic admin, reception and management teams; a loyal workforce with an exciting focus on staff development. Data team highly trained and deal with much of the clinical correspondence, filtering it to pharmacists, GPs or secretaries only when necessary.
- Medicines management team, including 2 practice pharmacists and a pharmacy technician, to support the GPs in all areas of their work.
- Excellent, cohesive nursing team of six including an ANP, HCA and phlebotomist.
- Consistently high patient satisfaction rating.
- QOF achievement highest in the locality.
- Access to Primary Care Visiting Service and Neighbourhood Appointment Hub (including MSK practitioner). We have a very low home visiting rate as a result.
- Involvement in Proactive Care Home scheme.
- Active in local federation and networking, whilst striving to provide best patient care and job satisfaction under a successful partnership model.
- Paper-light; Emis web clinical system, Docman.
Informal visits welcome by appointment. Please contact our Practice Manager Diane Stringer: 01295 270722.
Expressions of interest by covering letter and CV